Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Kyle becomes a Bear



On June 12 Kyle graduated from being a wolf to a bear. The pack had a camp out and a semi-formal graduation ceremony. I was so proud of all the boys and the leaders. We performed a cross-over ceremony. There is a bridge in front of the audience and the boys stand on one side with their families. They then remove their old rank neckerchief and cross the bridge where I put on a new one. It is a quiet, somber ceremony and I was so blessed to be part of something so special. About 16 boys earned a new rank that night. To see them learning new skills and life lessons then be rewarded for them is quite spectacular. Sadly, I don't have many pics of Kyles actual cross over. Neil was on one side of bridge and I on the other. (Mom did you get any?)

Kyle earned the most awards out of the whole pack. For me to be able to be the one to award him is extra special. The boys in my den also did the best out of the pack.

The theme of the camp out was The Wild West. Kyle was a renegade Indian. I made the boys head pieces and foam tomahawks.



No comments: