I am sitting on my back porch right now in a cushioned patio chair. That is thanks to my mom. We took her old set. The temp is perfect and there is a nice breeze. The kiddos are playing nicely together and my loving "hero" hubby just smiled and wave at me from across the yard. I feel very peaceful. What a change from yesterday. And why is Neil a hero you may ask. He picked us up from Bend.
We had planned on getting home on our own. Kesch, Denise and I. We had a great weekend with a dozen or so other moms in a house in sunriver. On our way home we went to look at the waterfalls we didn't get to the day before. There was nothing strange about the road. Nothing amiss until boom, bang, thud. we somehow unearthed a huge boulder from the earth with something under the van. Not so much a big deal until you land the van on it.
Dusty road, bugs, frogs, over and hour later, phone calls and Tim the Tow truck driver arrives. Wow was all he could say when he looked at the van. During the picking up process the tow truck broke. When we did finally get to bend they couldn't get the van off the broken truck. Another two hours later Neil got us we went to the dealership, then to eat, then home.
I was tired, worried, upset, scared, hungry, dirty, sweaty. I laughed to keep from crying.
So sitting here feeling calm and peaceful I can say I don't know why this happened. But I can say that I am grateful for having two really wonderful friends to be with during this kinda yucky day.
God will always put rocks in the road. Sometimes you can dodge them, sometimes you can crawl over them and sometimes you get totalled by them. What you take away from each rock will help you over the next. I know that I can rely on others for help and support. That I don't need to control everything and if you have someone with you (or two someones) it makes the rocks a little easier to deal with. Or at least a little funnier.
Rock on Girls!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"God will always put rocks in the road. Sometimes you can dodge them, sometimes you can crawl over them and sometimes you get totalled by them."
Amy this is just what I needed to hear! Thanks so much for being a rock for me after the rock! Right now I see no humor in the situation, but in the future I may.
Post a Comment