Tuesday, May 5, 2009
So on April 18, I took 6 seven year old cub scouts and their parents to Florence, OR for their first camping trip. It was chaotic to say the least but the boys had a blast. The weather was perfect. We spent the night in Camp Baker Boy Scout Camp and spent the rest of the next day at Heceta Head state park. The boys got a special tour of the Light house played on the beach and in the caves. They even flew the kites we made the day before. I also just want to do a bragging mommy moment. Kyle has completed all his requirements and has earned his Tiger Cub Badge, he as also earned a couple of awards that are not "required" and is the only scout in our den who has not missed a meeting of any kind. I know that it helps when your mom is the leader, but if you know Kyle, you know that if he didn't want to do it, it really doesn't matter if I lead it or not. I am so very proud of him and I am happy that he has found something that he that he can excel at. On to being a Wolf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment