Thursday, April 1, 2010

A mothers love

I woke up late this morning and to top that off my son was complaining of a couple of kids picking on him. This has been ongoing for a little while now. As he was crying I told him all the options he had to get them to leave him alone. He was still complaining so I did say I would talk to his teacher. Then I told him that I would go pick them up by the ears push them against the wall and tell them to leave Kyle alone. He laughed thinking I was funny, little did he know that inside I want to do just that. Then I came home from dropping him off and I saw this.

http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/2010/04/easternew-again.html (sorry, you have to copy and paste)

My heart breaks for my son all the time. This video just really hit home. Not only the pain of Christ but the amazing woman who raised him. She knew he was our salvation and still washed his face, disciplined him and was there for him when all others were cruel. He was ridiculed, beaten, slandered, etc and she stood there to support him. In the end she was holding his broken body with his blood on her and what mattered at the point in time was not that he died for all man kind but that she was faithful to God and loved her son with all her heart. And Jesus knew that. Sometimes, if nothing else, when I think I am doing all motherly things wrong I remember that they know how much I love them and that will count in the end. I can't imagine the rage that burned in Mary for the injustice done to her beloved son and I pray that I never will.

Praise the Lord that he sent his Son to endure so that we may be saved.

No comments: