So I am really irritated at my first project of the year. An adorable ruffled skirt. I got the pattern out of a magazine All People Sew. I think it was out of a Better Homes and Gardens publishment. So I was so excited that I had the perfect fabric. It was on clearance at JoAnns. Part of one of the Stonehill Collections. I LOVE it. So I measured my daughter. I picked out the size that fit. Made the skit. It is BEAUTIFUL. Just one problem. It is way too small. Maybe with leggings? I don't know. I am trying not to cry at the waste of this fabulous material. Boo Hoo. It might just end up being a gift to my niece. Hummm. Anyway, the directions were very clear and concise. You need to have beginning sewing skills. I used Coats and Clark all purpose thread in 5840 and 1640. The directions said it took the author 2 hours it took me three. I would do it again just bigger. I might wait a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry it did't work out, but seriously someone is going to be happy to get this cute little thing for a delicious gift!!!
Post a Comment